“Meet me in St. Louis,” she said archly.

Hello, and welcome to my blog. I’m painfully aware that in the past year or so blogging has become mainstream and no longer the least bit edgy. I’m not up for learning about podcasting, though, so here I am.
My name is Tess Thompson and I’m a writer, editor, and former teacher. I have recently been transplanted from
I would have started a blog sooner, but I couldn’t think of a good title. Branding oneself is a serious consideration. Does one choose something funny? allusive? alliterative? I knew that failure to choose something concise and witty would kill my book deal chances forever. Here are some titles I didn’t choose:
Natural Cheese Popcorn
Ranch House on the Prairie
Farouche Suburbia
I’ve settled on Arch Words for lack of anything better, but I reserve the right to change my mind. Join me, Dear Reader, as I expound upon owning trees, living in the
Photograph from www.gatewayarch.com.
Name: Tess
Home: St. Louis
3 Comments:
I just wanted to be the first comment-er :)
Oooh. A comment was deleted!
I like the title! And I didn't know Wholefoods had an aisle devoted to popcorn! :)
--QDSB
Who got a deleted comment and why? Has drama found you here, Tess? Well, welcome. You know I am RUNNING to read this blog. So far, I like it. A LOT!
Post a Comment
<< Home