Arch Words

Reflections on art, politics, parenting, and life in the Midwest

Name: Tess Home: St. Louis

I'm now a graduate student in public health at Washington University in St. Louis... as well as a writer, parent, and teacher. I haven't updated this blog recently, but I may come back to it in the future.


E-mail: tessthompson (at) hotmail (dot) com

Friday, July 21, 2006

After the Storm


In case any of you were wondering, we were fine after the freak storm blew through St. Louis Wednesday night. The wind was certainly nerve-wracking, and the lightening was dramatic, but I had no idea the National Guard had been called in until I read it in the paper this morning. Our lights flickered Wednesday night, I missed an outing to see The Devil Wears Prada, and we had a few small branches down in our yard, but compared to the half a million households and businesses without power in the sweltering heat, we got off easy. Yesterday when I drove Ben to the doctor, about half the stoplights were out, causing massive backups. Many people were still without power today, though the high is expected to be "only" 88 degrees.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home