Saturday Art
The title of this post is becoming misleading...
I finished another draft of the Dogs at Night painting, but it's not the final so I don't want to show it yet. It's all working out pretty well though. I didn't draw anything else this week (my sketch book is under the sofa getting dusty). But I did buy a new car. It's the first new car I've ever owned. I'm such a nerd that I keep calling it a Cylon Xbox. It looks something like this:

Except it's black. Somehow it was not expensive so I'm waiting for the catch.
I finished another draft of the Dogs at Night painting, but it's not the final so I don't want to show it yet. It's all working out pretty well though. I didn't draw anything else this week (my sketch book is under the sofa getting dusty). But I did buy a new car. It's the first new car I've ever owned. I'm such a nerd that I keep calling it a Cylon Xbox. It looks something like this:

Except it's black. Somehow it was not expensive so I'm waiting for the catch.
Name: Tess
Home: St. Louis
3 Comments:
Congratulations on the new car!
We've never owned a new car. My parents didn't get their first new-new car until I was in college. At this point, the only thing that could probably induce us to buy new is if we decided we really wanted a hybrid. (I've been researching them--it's crazy that if you care about gas mileage and want a larger vehicle, it makes more sense to buy a hybrid SUV than a conventional minivan.)
P.S. What did you do with your old car?
I hope it will be more common eventually, and that someday we'll be able to get a used hybrid. I wish it weren't like a luxury item at the moment, but you're absolutely right. I'm not too concerned about it if we're already driving cars that are fairly fuel-efficient, but the thought of a minivan or an SUV gives me the shudders.
Post a Comment
<< Home