Thank Goodness for Other People's Unsecured Networks...
... because our phone lines are down. It's funny--I don't really care about the fact that we haven't been able make or receive phone calls from our land line all weekend. We have cell phones with pay-as-you-go plans, so we can call people if we need to. We don't receive that many phone calls anyway. What's driving me crazy is the fact that our wireless network is down, so we have no internet access from our desktop. Luckily someone nearby hasn't bothered to secure their network, so we're able to jump on from our laptops. Still, it's inconvenient. I don't usually realize how in the habit I am of popping on the internet throughout the day--until I can't anymore.
Name: Tess
Home: St. Louis
1 Comments:
That's exactly why I don't secure my wireless network and discourage others from doing it. "Secure" wireless networks are not very secure anyway (from an eavesdropping perspective), so you don't gain much safety. And the more people there are with insecure networks, the less likely you're going to notice the one person that picked yours.
Post a Comment
<< Home