Saturday Art
I'm disappointed.
Here are the first two tries at the Dogs at Night painting:

Here's the revision. It didn't turn out so great.

I wouldn't normally be too disappointed; as I learned through my friend Regina's experience in art school: sometimes you have to do something a hundred million times before you get it right. But I was trying to finish this painting before I left on vacation (tomorrow) so I could send it off - along with the others - to an editor who requested samples. I'm not happy with the result. I don't really like the layout. I don't like the washy background. I'm not sending it out until I fix it.
I wanted to go on vacation with this project all finished up.
But you know, I don't feel like getting upset about this. So here's something else instead:

What is this, you ask?

Why it's a mouse cover, of course!
My brother gave it to me when he was still a kid (he's now 18). There was a time when the cover went in the closet because I had a trackball instead of a mouse, but now that I have my super awesome cool Wacom drawing tablet, it's been brought out again. Another reason to love my tablet!
***
Painting: you will be revised when I get home.
Here are the first two tries at the Dogs at Night painting:

Here's the revision. It didn't turn out so great.

I wouldn't normally be too disappointed; as I learned through my friend Regina's experience in art school: sometimes you have to do something a hundred million times before you get it right. But I was trying to finish this painting before I left on vacation (tomorrow) so I could send it off - along with the others - to an editor who requested samples. I'm not happy with the result. I don't really like the layout. I don't like the washy background. I'm not sending it out until I fix it.
I wanted to go on vacation with this project all finished up.
But you know, I don't feel like getting upset about this. So here's something else instead:

What is this, you ask?

Why it's a mouse cover, of course!
My brother gave it to me when he was still a kid (he's now 18). There was a time when the cover went in the closet because I had a trackball instead of a mouse, but now that I have my super awesome cool Wacom drawing tablet, it's been brought out again. Another reason to love my tablet!
***
Painting: you will be revised when I get home.
Name: Tess
Home: St. Louis
2 Comments:
although i'm sure you can probably improve it through revising, i like it already! i like the washiness against the precision of the dogs.
i do!
I like it too, washy background and all.
I don't know anything about layout, but I feel like the tree trunk should be farther left. Does that make sense?
Hope you're enjoying your vacation!
Post a Comment
<< Home