Saturday Art
Two new paintings, their inception and completion motivated purely by money.

Yessiree, I'm an artist, and I do things for MONEY.

Well, the hope of money that is.
There is a flea market in my town held around Christmastime. The tables are inexpensive to rent and the people who buy, like handmade stuff. But they also like cheap stuff. So this is where my idea came in: paint quick watercolors, sell them for nothing. In the two weeks that I've been thinking about doing this, I've made four.
How much to sell them for gets tricky. The metric I use goes something like this: my per hour rate + supplies + overhead (actually, I never charge for this since my house is my studio). The first three watercolors took two and a half hours. Which makes them expensive. So on Friday I decided to do one in twenty minutes. One of the two above is the twenty minute one. Surely you can guess which it is.

Yessiree, I'm an artist, and I do things for MONEY.

Well, the hope of money that is.
There is a flea market in my town held around Christmastime. The tables are inexpensive to rent and the people who buy, like handmade stuff. But they also like cheap stuff. So this is where my idea came in: paint quick watercolors, sell them for nothing. In the two weeks that I've been thinking about doing this, I've made four.
How much to sell them for gets tricky. The metric I use goes something like this: my per hour rate + supplies + overhead (actually, I never charge for this since my house is my studio). The first three watercolors took two and a half hours. Which makes them expensive. So on Friday I decided to do one in twenty minutes. One of the two above is the twenty minute one. Surely you can guess which it is.
Name: Tess
Home: St. Louis
3 Comments:
The electrical poles, right?
I like them both.
Hh
Yep!
And thanks!
I like them both as well!
Post a Comment
<< Home