Saturday Art... on a Tuesday. Again.
I forgot to post on Saturday... how, I don't know. But I did. Tess has kindly let me post today instead. Here we go:

Here's another version of the view from my studio window... I've been practicing watercolors and perspective drawing... and I've been really in to drawing all that crap we have on the top of our homes. What do those things do? The wires and antennas are really quite ugly. But that's the landscape we've built so that's the one I'm painting. I don't think there's a truly straight line in this whole city.
I know my scans of these paintings are terrible... see all those dark spots around the edges of the painting? I also know if you know something is bad you should fix it and not apologize for it. But to make it scan well I'd have to cut it down to fit on the scanning bed... and I don't want to do that just yet.

Here's another version of the view from my studio window... I've been practicing watercolors and perspective drawing... and I've been really in to drawing all that crap we have on the top of our homes. What do those things do? The wires and antennas are really quite ugly. But that's the landscape we've built so that's the one I'm painting. I don't think there's a truly straight line in this whole city.
I know my scans of these paintings are terrible... see all those dark spots around the edges of the painting? I also know if you know something is bad you should fix it and not apologize for it. But to make it scan well I'd have to cut it down to fit on the scanning bed... and I don't want to do that just yet.
Name: Tess
Home: St. Louis
2 Comments:
Just want to let you know that even though I don't comment much on these Saturday art posts I do in fact admire each one :D.
Thanks, Ben!
Post a Comment
<< Home