Winter Sunrise

This morning, after I stumbled out of bed, I looked out the kitchen window and saw a weirdly pink glow in the back yard. In my pre-coffee state, I wondered if something was on fire--but then I realized there must be a striking sunrise out front.
I love winter sunsets and sunrises, with black tree branches silhouetted against the sky. These pictures don't adequately show how the sky looked molten yellow in the east, while the clouds overhead shone pink. They can't capture the cries of the three dark birds that flew overhead, or the cold air that chilled my wrists and ankles.
As I write this, the light in the back yard has become more ordinary, and the dead leaves and brown grass have become drab again.
Name: Tess
Home: St. Louis
4 Comments:
What GORGEOUS pictures!!!
OHHHHH!!! I echo "counting blessings"...those are just stunning photos.
Hh
Thank you!
Beautiful!
Post a Comment
<< Home