I Have a Mission
Last spring, I challenged my readers to come up with mission statements--but I was unable to think of one for myself. Then one day in September I was freewriting, and a mission statement came out. Today I decided to go back and tinker with it a little. I'm not entirely satisfied with the wording--but then, I'm not sure we can ever fully articulate the mission of our lives. Here is my working draft:
My mission is to live a centered life by helping others, by building and tending relationships, by teaching and learning, and by showing the truth of the world through my writing and my life.
My mission is to live a centered life by helping others, by building and tending relationships, by teaching and learning, and by showing the truth of the world through my writing and my life.
Name: Tess
Home: St. Louis
3 Comments:
I'm impressed that you can move so quickly from survival mode over the weekend to thinking about your mission in life. (Or maybe you simply had some sleepless moments to fill with pondering thoughts...)
Wow...that could be mine. That inspires me to give mine another try--I stumbled over it when you first made the challenge.
Hh
CL, I thing 2 things made me work on it: 1) feeling disconcerted after the weekend and wanting to get back on track with writing, and 2) having a good day mentoring and realizing that teaching and learning were an important part of my life (so I added them to my mission statement).
Post a Comment
<< Home