Last Weekend

This weekend was raw and cold. In the morning, snow alternated with freezing rain. I have stubbornly decided I'm done with my winter coat, so my only time outside has been dashing from the car to the house.
Last weekend, though, we went to the botanical garden for the grand re-opening of the children's garden. The day was exquisite. I wish I knew the names of more of the flowers, but I'll share the pictures anyway:



Ben looking at his reflection:

Throughout the gardens, workers were setting up a new art exhibit:

I went to the bird garden and was disappointed to see only a few sparrows. A movement under a bush caught my eye, though, and I followed this snake across a patch of brown leaves, over the path, and into a group of flowers.

After the warmth and sunlight of last weekend, it's hard to imagine all of these flowers out in the cold rain tonight.
Name: Tess
Home: St. Louis
3 Comments:
I love snakes. Love love love. That picture of Ben and his reflection is excellent - great shot!
I am struck by the fact that the photo of Ben is not followed by a second shot of him belly-flopping into the water with a huge splash. Clearly, your son listens better than mine. :)
hi tess!
just wanted to check in and let you know that i'm checking in on your blog and keeping up! i don't get to leave a comment much, but wanted to let you know i'm reading! :) also, love, love, love all of the pictures you are getting with that new camera of yours. phenomenal! what kind did you end up getting? it's amazing (credit goes to you the photographer too for a great eye!).
hope you are well,
emily
Post a Comment
<< Home