Arch Words

Reflections on art, politics, parenting, and life in the Midwest

Name: Tess Home: St. Louis

I'm now a graduate student in public health at Washington University in St. Louis... as well as a writer, parent, and teacher. I haven't updated this blog recently, but I may come back to it in the future.


E-mail: tessthompson (at) hotmail (dot) com

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Snow Day


On Sunday, the temperature hit 79 degrees. We went to the nature center in the morning, and then had lunch at a restaurant with patio seating so we could watch the trains. In the afternoon, we went to the park and flew a kite.


Less than two days later, a storm moved in and dumped 8 inches of snow on St. Louis. Ben's school was closed today, and we stayed in pajamas for most of the morning.


When we went out to play in the snow, it was still coming down heavily.





After we came in and dried off, Ben put on his special "magician" outfit and ran around the house.



By the afternoon, the snow had slowed. We had a snowball fight and made Frowny the snowman.



After that, we came inside for hot chocolate and Girl Scout Cookies.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Girl Scout Cookies....drool....

We too had a very warm day - mid 70s on Saturday - followed by heavy snow the next day. Ah, don't you love March?

Ben's too cute in his magician outfit, btw.

6:11 PM  
Blogger Kristen Gill, Marketing Manager said...

Sounds like a near perfect day. That's a lot of snow for St. Louis, no?

7:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Tess - I thought you'd be interested in this (ahem) ridiculous article:

http://stephenparrish.blogspot.com/2008/02/angry-white-men.html

(ps - the article itself is a little much; the blog about it is good, I think.)

Also, I'm sending you a ridiculously long email that sort of just...poured out of my fingers. Hope that's okay. :)

9:35 AM  
Blogger Tess said...

Um, yeah--he does sound angry. Maybe he needs to go to the shooting range for a while.

Thank you for your ridiculously long eamil. :)



Oh, and for the record, I felt a little guilty about the snow day because in the AM Ben watched a lot of TV and I spent a lot of time on the internet--but looking back over this description, I realized it was overall a really good day.

12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home