Arch Words

Reflections on art, politics, parenting, and life in the Midwest

Name: Tess Home: St. Louis

I'm now a graduate student in public health at Washington University in St. Louis... as well as a writer, parent, and teacher. I haven't updated this blog recently, but I may come back to it in the future.


E-mail: tessthompson (at) hotmail (dot) com

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Zoo



This morning when the weather was still sunny (as opposed to the rain and rumbles of thunder we're having now), we went to the zoo with friends. It was my first trip since buying my new camera, and I was pleased with how well the animal pictures turned out.








I still get made fun of for the time in college I went to the National Zoo in Washington and returned home with almost an entire roll (remember those?) of duck pictures. I took a few duck pictures today, but none of them turned out well (and I paused to reflect that in the olden days, you had to wait several days to find out that all of your pictures were crappy--as opposed to taking hundreds and just ignoring the bad ones).

I couldn't resist a few flower pictures too--spring is finally here!



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a particularly interesting species riding the zebra.

I love the polar bear pic - great lighting, framing.

Yay! I love zoos!

3:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ben's getting so big!

I love the crocus pictures. Our new house doesn't have any aparently, so I don't get to see too many this year. I'll have to fix that for next year.

11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home