A Few Updates
My brother Jay has taken to berating me for the declining frequency of my blog posts. Now that he's a blogger, he says he's going to set a better example and post often; you can click here to read about his adventures working at a school in India this summer.
For those who are interested, I wanted to share a few miscellaneous updates about my life:
The Wellston Anthology Project I've been working on with StudioSTL is at the printer's. We were hoping to get it finished by the end of the school year but ran into some delays. I can't wait to see it. Nearly every student produced work to be included, and they are very excited to see their writing in a book. At the beginning of May, we went to their classroom and held a "coffee house" reading to give them a chance to share their work with each other, and their pride in their work was palpable. (You can see a wonderful slide show of the project, created by the talented Elie Gardner, here.)
My statistics class is over. I am pleased to report that I earned an A+; it's always nice to realize I can handle numbers as well as words. Tom is happy that I have at least a little sense of what he's talking about with his research statistics.
My grad school plans are still up in the air. I'm taking a break from classes this summer; at some point, I'd like to take an introductory sociology class from Penn State's World Campus. Taking two classes over the past year has been helpful in getting me back into the academic swing of things and giving me glimpses into new disciplines.
My writing has been going slowly. Aside from a short-short story, for the past nine months or so I've been writing mostly poetry. Although I certainly wouldn't mind getting inspired to write a novel, I am trying to accept what comes.
For those who are interested, I wanted to share a few miscellaneous updates about my life:
The Wellston Anthology Project I've been working on with StudioSTL is at the printer's. We were hoping to get it finished by the end of the school year but ran into some delays. I can't wait to see it. Nearly every student produced work to be included, and they are very excited to see their writing in a book. At the beginning of May, we went to their classroom and held a "coffee house" reading to give them a chance to share their work with each other, and their pride in their work was palpable. (You can see a wonderful slide show of the project, created by the talented Elie Gardner, here.)
My statistics class is over. I am pleased to report that I earned an A+; it's always nice to realize I can handle numbers as well as words. Tom is happy that I have at least a little sense of what he's talking about with his research statistics.
My grad school plans are still up in the air. I'm taking a break from classes this summer; at some point, I'd like to take an introductory sociology class from Penn State's World Campus. Taking two classes over the past year has been helpful in getting me back into the academic swing of things and giving me glimpses into new disciplines.
My writing has been going slowly. Aside from a short-short story, for the past nine months or so I've been writing mostly poetry. Although I certainly wouldn't mind getting inspired to write a novel, I am trying to accept what comes.
Name: Tess
Home: St. Louis
1 Comments:
You forgot your drinking life.
I had two martinis - a Georgia Peach and a Thin Mint - at my brother's 21st birthday the other night and - o.m.g. I am such a lightweight.
But the Thin Mint was fabulous and I thought of you. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home