Election Day
As the results from Missouri are tabulated, I keep hitting "refresh" on CNN.com. St. Louis City and County are almost always the last to report, so I'm expecting a big swing towards Obama at the end.
In the morning, Tom volunteered for the local Obama headquarters, I went to ballet class, and Ben went to preschool. Around lunchtime, Tom, Ben, and I went to vote and spent nearly an hour in line. Thanks to the online discussions of my one moms' group, I was completely prepared, with my sample ballot in hand, ready decide everything from countywide propositions to the retention of judges.
This afternoon, I convinced Tom to let me wear the "Show Me Change" t-shirt he got for volunteering; I was amused by how my pregnant belly distorted the map of Missouri on the front. After Ben ran around in the park, he and I headed to Ben and Jerry's for their free Election Day ice cream. Now I'm hoping the results are decisive enough that I don't have to stay up too late....
In the morning, Tom volunteered for the local Obama headquarters, I went to ballet class, and Ben went to preschool. Around lunchtime, Tom, Ben, and I went to vote and spent nearly an hour in line. Thanks to the online discussions of my one moms' group, I was completely prepared, with my sample ballot in hand, ready decide everything from countywide propositions to the retention of judges.
This afternoon, I convinced Tom to let me wear the "Show Me Change" t-shirt he got for volunteering; I was amused by how my pregnant belly distorted the map of Missouri on the front. After Ben ran around in the park, he and I headed to Ben and Jerry's for their free Election Day ice cream. Now I'm hoping the results are decisive enough that I don't have to stay up too late....
Name: Tess
Home: St. Louis
1 Comments:
OMG, Missouri went red! But at least it was only by around 6K votes.
Does MO get to keep its bellwether status?
Post a Comment
<< Home