I'm so far left I can't even write right-handed

I know, Dear Reader, that you've probably come to my blog today with one question: “Tess, what can I do to celebrate International Lefthander’s Day?” Fortunately, I have a few suggestions for those of us who are gauche, or even a little bit sinister.
You can start by educating yourself about left-handedness. I was relieved to learn that, contrary to one myth, lefties do not in fact die younger than their right-handed counterparts. You can also find out more about famous lefties throughout history. Speaking of lefties, while you’re at it, you can read about Hillary Clinton, Dennis Kucinich, and the National Democratic Party.
If you’re not left-handed, you needn’t be left out! You can buy a gift for your favorite southpaw (hint, hint), or at the very least send an e-card.
Name: Tess
Home: St. Louis
5 Comments:
Darnit, Tess...My MIL is left-handed and I had sort of hoped for that shortened life thing to be true. She is so toxic to the whole family. It's not her left hand I fear, it's her indignance and her MOUTH!
I always think of the good stuff AFTER I hit post...it should have said:
It's not her left hand I fear, it's her righteousness!
Wow! I'm impressed that you found a way to mention my favorite political figure, Ohio Congressman and unfairly ignored 2004 Democratic presidential nomination contender Dennis Kucinich....I don't think I've managed to mention him yet at my own (shared) blog, and we've been going for several months now!
I didn't know there was a holiday for us!! I'm a leftie and kinda bummed that none of my girls are. Misty's still ambidextrous. Maybe she'll be the one to sit next to me without bumping elbows :)
BTW.. relieved to hear I won't be dying sooner.
My oldest dd is a lefty, (and it looks like my youngest might be too) so I have learned to appreciate lefties, (and also defend her horrendous handwriting to many teachers) through the years...GO LEFTIES!!!!!
Angel
Post a Comment
<< Home