Arch Words

Reflections on art, politics, parenting, and life in the Midwest

Name: Tess Home: St. Louis

I'm now a graduate student in public health at Washington University in St. Louis... as well as a writer, parent, and teacher. I haven't updated this blog recently, but I may come back to it in the future.


E-mail: tessthompson (at) hotmail (dot) com

Sunday, August 07, 2005

No Baby Ever Asks To Be Shaken


Before we had a baby, my husband and I laughed at the brochure our midwife gave us saying we should never, ever shake our baby. What a silly ad campaign, we thought. What kind of monster would do that? Today, however, was the kind of day when I realize why public health officials feel the need to spell it out.

I won't go into the details, except to say that they involve a shrieking baby who doused himself in lemonade in the middle of a restaurant, and then later pooped on the floor of his bedroom. He did not, however, get shaken.

2 Comments:

Blogger tom said...

well, the poop was just plain funny. the lemonade and the screaming following it was slightly maddening, though.

no shaking! go team!

(husband)

5:52 PM  
Blogger Kristen Gill, Marketing Manager said...

Awwwww...we had a whining girl in the car who proceeded (as always) to fall asleep 20 minutes FROM our destination after 2 hours and 40 minutes of straight bellyaching! I am sorry you had a tough day.

6:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home