Arch Words

Reflections on art, politics, parenting, and life in the Midwest

Name: Tess Home: St. Louis

I'm now a graduate student in public health at Washington University in St. Louis... as well as a writer, parent, and teacher. I haven't updated this blog recently, but I may come back to it in the future.


E-mail: tessthompson (at) hotmail (dot) com

Thursday, September 22, 2005

One Cool Thing About Blogging. . .

. . . is that sometimes you win a prize. I was in a low mood yesterday, and then I checked in with Ann Douglas's blog and saw that I was one of the winners of her creativity challenge. She held a random drawing of people who accepted her challenge to stretch themselves as writers, and she gave away several books about writing. I will soon be the proud owner of Besty Lerner's The Forest for the Trees: An Editor's Advice to Writers.

I wish I had something to give away, or a good contest idea. Until I do, though, I'd like to encourage other bloggers to have contests and give things away.

Another thing that cheered me up yesterday night was a link to this panda picture, posted on City Mouse.

3 Comments:

Blogger Milliner's Dream, a woman of many "hats"... said...

I posted on Ann's blog when I saw you won that I have that book--bought it used about two weeks ago!--and am (trying to!) read it now.

Enjoy!
Hh

4:38 PM  
Blogger Milliner's Dream, a woman of many "hats"... said...

P.S. Sorry you were down and hope you are feeling better!

4:38 PM  
Blogger Precie said...

Congratulations!!! Yet another of the many surprises of the Internet!

9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home