Arch Words

Reflections on art, politics, parenting, and life in the Midwest

Name: Tess Home: St. Louis

I'm now a graduate student in public health at Washington University in St. Louis... as well as a writer, parent, and teacher. I haven't updated this blog recently, but I may come back to it in the future.


E-mail: tessthompson (at) hotmail (dot) com

Monday, December 19, 2005

A Poem

A Christmas poem of mine is published in the current issue of Philadelphia Stories. (Warning: It's depressing!) The bio note in the online version is messed up (I corrected the page proofs, so I hope the print version is accurate), but the poem looks okay; you can read it here.

So far, in St. Louis I haven't yet found a regional literary magazine like Philadelphia Stories. I'd like to start one, but first I need to network a bit more and find a poetry editor, a web designer, and someone who enjoys fundraising. If you're a St. Louisian interested in any of those roles, please email me at the address above.

3 Comments:

Blogger Milliner's Dream, a woman of many "hats"... said...

Beautiful, and yes, sad, but still beautiful.

I remember having those kinds of feelings--buying something that I knew would come back to me--when I shopped for my Grandmas before they both passed away.

Congrats on another publication.

Curious as to what the novel is about--not so much plot, as style and era?

Hh

8:45 AM  
Blogger Tess said...

I generally write mainstream literary fiction with a contemporary setting. Right now I'm 50 pages into something new, which is set in Philadelphia in the present.

11:04 AM  
Blogger Milliner's Dream, a woman of many "hats"... said...

I want to buy a signed copy when it's published! ;)

I have a couple of books half-finished. The latest is one I think I could finish, but probably not until I am out of school. A "junior" children's fiction I began as an assignment that became the assignment that grew and grew, in grade 4, (no kidding) is one I'd love to finish. Both are more historical novels and I _LOVE_ doing the research to make them as accurate as possible.
Hh

8:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home