Arch Words

Reflections on art, politics, parenting, and life in the Midwest

Name: Tess Home: St. Louis

I'm now a graduate student in public health at Washington University in St. Louis... as well as a writer, parent, and teacher. I haven't updated this blog recently, but I may come back to it in the future.


E-mail: tessthompson (at) hotmail (dot) com

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Happy Valentine's Day!

Today Ben went to his first Valentine's Day party. He got to eat heart-shaped Jello, exchange Valentines, and play with a lot of other kids. He liked sorting through his cards and stickers afterward.

Once he goes to bed, Tom and I will share our now-traditional fondue: cheese for dinner, and chocolate for dessert. I highly recommend fondue as a practical-but-romantic option for parents who don't want to go to the bother of finding a babysitter and paying for overpriced holiday meals at restaurants.

Ben in his Valentine's Day finery

3 Comments:

Blogger Cathy said...

HAPPY ST. VALENTINE'S DAY!!!

Ben is such a handsome little man :)

I hope the two of you are having a wonderful romantic dinner. I may have to do that some time.

6:01 PM  
Blogger Kellee said...

Ben is a doll! Love that outfit!

I too hope your dinner was everything you wanted! Tell us your fondue recipes when you get a chance!

Happy Day!

8:20 PM  
Blogger Milliner's Dream, a woman of many "hats"... said...

Your dinner sounds yummy...but the combination for me = migraine! (Cheese, chocolate and/or wine in combination or enough of them alone are migraine-inducing for some folks...including me.)

I _love_ fondue--it's been years! My mom used to cut up chicken and steak and we'd fondue in hot oil. Mmmmmm...and occasionally she'd do the chocolate desert fondue.

Sounds like Ben had fun!

;)
Hh

2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home