Saturday Art
Here's last week's sketch:

Next I needed a model. I feel most comfortable drawing from life... if I can't have that I have to settle with pictures. I am my own best model (I will do whatever it is I ask) so I had my husband take digital pictures of me in my studio. Here's one that I settled on... but I could change my mind later:

I made a sketch from the photo - I can't believe that I got this far in the project in one day. I scanned it into the computer and added some color in photoshop to see how it would look:

I don't know how to draw rooms and spaces that don't exist so I just added these washes to give it some atmosphere. I think I want something more defined in the end, but I'm not sure. Besides, I don't really know what I'm getting at just yet.

Next I needed a model. I feel most comfortable drawing from life... if I can't have that I have to settle with pictures. I am my own best model (I will do whatever it is I ask) so I had my husband take digital pictures of me in my studio. Here's one that I settled on... but I could change my mind later:

I made a sketch from the photo - I can't believe that I got this far in the project in one day. I scanned it into the computer and added some color in photoshop to see how it would look:

I don't know how to draw rooms and spaces that don't exist so I just added these washes to give it some atmosphere. I think I want something more defined in the end, but I'm not sure. Besides, I don't really know what I'm getting at just yet.
Name: Tess
Home: St. Louis
2 Comments:
Can I give it a caption? "I can't stand bright light with this hangover."
Maybe I'm just having a New Year's flashback.
I love this. I love the light, the photograph, the drawing and the prephotographdrawing concept sketch thing. It has a sort of fantasy movie quality -- ooh, look. A door to another world. My, the light is bright. Let me just shield my eyes with this handy paintbrush before plucking up the courage to cross the threshhold. (cue grand soaring violin music)
Post a Comment
<< Home