A New Health Food?
The candymaker Mars has announced a new line of products debuting next month: dark chocolate that's high in flavanols (an antioxidant) and enriched with vitamins. Those killjoys at the Center for Science in the Public Interest warn, however, that "the last thing we need is for Americans to think they can eat more chocolate."
While I'm skeptical of strange health claims made by companies, I'm going to eat chocolate regardless, so maybe I'll be more likely to choose dark chocolate. (It goes especially well with coffee.) It's also fun to watch the food industry try to follow the latest trends--thank goodness the "low carb" madness seems to be going away.
While I'm skeptical of strange health claims made by companies, I'm going to eat chocolate regardless, so maybe I'll be more likely to choose dark chocolate. (It goes especially well with coffee.) It's also fun to watch the food industry try to follow the latest trends--thank goodness the "low carb" madness seems to be going away.
Name: Tess
Home: St. Louis
2 Comments:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
I just finished a Hersey's Extra Dark that is a "Natural Source of Flavanol Antioxidants"...
"...like the most indulgent treats...should be enjoyed in moderation"
agreed on the coffee & dark chocolate. A local chocolatier makes a delicious dark chocolate espresso truffle. Even moderation in moderation!
Post a Comment
<< Home