Arch Words

Reflections on art, politics, parenting, and life in the Midwest

Name: Tess Home: St. Louis

I'm now a graduate student in public health at Washington University in St. Louis... as well as a writer, parent, and teacher. I haven't updated this blog recently, but I may come back to it in the future.


E-mail: tessthompson (at) hotmail (dot) com

Sunday, July 23, 2006

The Heat Breaks


Weeks of intense humidity give you deep appreciation for cooler days and clear blue skies. Yesterday morning when I went outside to get the newspaper, there was a slight chill in the air, and I sat on our front porch savoring it. Today promises to be a bit warmer, but still not humid--a welcome relief for the thousands of people still without power in the St. Louis area.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tess said...

According to the paper, there are still 204,000 people without power in the area today.... We were incredibly fortunate.

7:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home