Arch Words

Reflections on art, politics, parenting, and life in the Midwest

Name: Tess Home: St. Louis

I'm now a graduate student in public health at Washington University in St. Louis... as well as a writer, parent, and teacher. I haven't updated this blog recently, but I may come back to it in the future.


E-mail: tessthompson (at) hotmail (dot) com

Thursday, August 16, 2007

You know you've been warped by Missouri weather...


... when the temperature drops below 90 and you feel like celebrating because it's so cool.

Yesterday we had a record-setting temperature (105 degrees) for the second day in a row, but it looks as though a reprieve is in sight. Today some winds gusted through the back yard around noon, leaving the temperature at a brisk 88 degrees.

Our lawn is brown and crunchy, but the blue flowers on the back porch seem to relish the warmth and sunlight.

1 Comments:

Blogger Carrie Lofty said...

Back when Keven was interviewing, I was all for abandoning February Wisconsin for February Florida or Arizona. Not so much now. I think we did ok. :)

Stay cool!

6:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home