Arch Words

Reflections on art, politics, parenting, and life in the Midwest

Name: Tess Home: St. Louis

I'm now a graduate student in public health at Washington University in St. Louis... as well as a writer, parent, and teacher. I haven't updated this blog recently, but I may come back to it in the future.


E-mail: tessthompson (at) hotmail (dot) com

Saturday, July 21, 2007

Mountain Sunset


Yesterday as we were going back to my parents' house, we went over a mountain just at sunset. Despite the fussing toddler in the back seat, I pulled over to take pictures. I remembered stopping and that lookout as a child and seeing the blue mountain ridges and the patchwork of farmland in the valley. Several people stood to watch the sun slip behind the mountain.





When I got back to the car, Ben requested a picture of the moon.


One thing I love about being in Pennsylvania is watching Ben see my childhood landscape--although I know it can't hold the same meaning for him as it does for me.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

These pictures brought tears to my eyes. I forgot how beautiful the views off the mountains are. Thanks for the reminder, even if it did make me homesick.

8:34 AM  
Blogger Tess said...

Hi, Caroline! Where are you these days?

I have lots of mountain artwork in my house, but it's just not the same. :)

8:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I emailed you but later realized, maybe it got caught in a filter. My email address is caroline at tcsaf dot com.

I'm currently in Dayton, OH. We just moved here from Milwaukee.

If you get a chance, email me. I'd like to catch up with you!

5:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home