Arch Words

Reflections on art, politics, parenting, and life in the Midwest

Name: Tess Home: St. Louis

I'm now a graduate student in public health at Washington University in St. Louis... as well as a writer, parent, and teacher. I haven't updated this blog recently, but I may come back to it in the future.


E-mail: tessthompson (at) hotmail (dot) com

Sunday, September 25, 2005

Closet Meme: I've Been Tagged

I have been tagged by Milliner's Dream, so now I’m supposed to write about my closet. This feels kind of like spam to me, but Hh writes, “I have read other bloggers who feel this (a ‘Tag, You're it!’) is a sign that they are a ‘real’ blogger now.” If this meme will make me a real blogger, I’m willing to try it. Dear Readers, I apologize in advance that my closet is not interesting.

Three Random Facts About My Closet:
1) I haven’t finished unpacking (Tom says it’s because subconsciously I don’t want to live here), so most of my clothes are still in a big cardboard box.
2) Tom’s closet is identical to mine.
3) I think the door looks weird—it is white with slats.

Three Items I've Never Worn But Still Haven't Tossed:
Do I have any? I tend to wear everything I buy at least once.


Three Items I'll Never Get Rid Of, No Matter How Ugly They Get:
Well, “never” is a long time, but here are three things I have kept for a good long while:
1) A denim shirt from the Gap. It’s threadbare, but it has sentimental value because I wore it a lot the summer I met Tom (when I was 16).
2) A dress I made in 8th grade sewing class. It still fits (it was baggy way back when), but it’s terribly unflattering. I’m just so darn proud I made an item of clothing, and I love the buttons.
3) Probably my wedding dress, but it’s cheating to mention that because it’s at my parents’ house.

Three Items People Wouldn't Expect To Find In My Closet:

1) A breast pump, sterilized and back in its box, waiting to see if it will ever be called to duty again.
2) Ghillies.
3) The contents of a wicker chest. And no, I’m not going to get more specific about that.

Three items that made me go, "Oh Lord, what was I thinking?":
All I can think of is my flip-flops with big fake daisies on them. Tom got me vibrating slippers for Christmas, but I don’t suppose those count because I didn’t think about them beforehand.

Three things that I have a surprising number of:
I have a surprising number of cheap, ill-fitting pairs of shoes, so I’ll count those for all three.

Three dominant colors in my wardrobe:
1) Blue. I tend to buy the same blue shirts over and over.
2) Black
3) Purple

Three items that never fail to put me in a good mood whenever I wear them:
(Cheating, because none of these are in my closet)
1) The locket Tom got me for our anniversary this year
2) The anklet Kaela sent from the beach
3) My sequined flip-flops from Old Navy

Three people I will tag:
1) Kiki, because I think she will forgive me.
2) Mel, because I’m curious to know what’s in her closet.
3) Angel, because I think her closet is probably very interesting.

5 Comments:

Blogger Milliner's Dream, a woman of many "hats"... said...

Sorry, Tess, I kind of feel like the fun for me, and wanting to get to know you, didn't come across right--I certainly didn't mean for it to be spam or a chain letter.
My apologies. Next time you're "tagged", just say no. :)

Hh

P.S. I have seen other bloggers when tagged feel that way--I just thought I was a "real blogger" already--after all, what defines a real blogger? :)

8:38 AM  
Blogger Milliner's Dream, a woman of many "hats"... said...

Ditto with the shoes--I have WAY too many and lots aren't comfortable, which means they don't fit right, right?

I wonder what's in that wicker basket?

I don't think your closet was boring at all...thanks for playing along and being a good sport.
Hh

8:44 AM  
Blogger Tess said...

I'm not upset at all. I didn't even know about memes, so now that I do, I think I'm a "real" blogger. :)

Tess

8:48 AM  
Blogger aangelgoddess said...

I enjoyed the experience...it was actually kinda ironic cause I was sitting here at the computer when I shoulda been in my closet packing for my trip LOL!!
So I updated my blog which needed doing anyway and tagged 3 more people and it was a lot of fun...thanks!!

LUYA!!
Angel

8:49 AM  
Blogger Precie said...

That's too cool! I've never actually participated in an online meme, that I can recall, but I love this closet one! Almost makes me wish I kept a more personal blog, almost.

And hee hee--I take it that wicker chest is for when "things come up." LOL!

9:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home