Arch Words

Reflections on art, politics, parenting, and life in the Midwest

Name: Tess Home: St. Louis

I'm now a graduate student in public health at Washington University in St. Louis... as well as a writer, parent, and teacher. I haven't updated this blog recently, but I may come back to it in the future.


E-mail: tessthompson (at) hotmail (dot) com

Thursday, December 29, 2005

Linkapalooza: Interview with the Christmas Tree Guy

While traveling over the holidays, I'm posting briefly to share links I like.


On More Mama Than Writer, Writer Mama has an entertaining interview with a New York City Christmas Tree guy. Here's an excerpt:

Q: How many trees have you sold?

We sold over 5000 trees this weekend. We don’t know until the end how much we get. After expenses, whatever is left is shared between the company and the salesmen. We have to pay for gas, lighting, generator, supplies.

Q: Is it worth it?

Yeah. I don’t know, compared to New York standards, maybe not. You don’t want to count the hours. On a good month back home, the money is basically the same as when I work as a tour guide. Here it’s harsher conditions. As a guide, I sleep in a hotel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home