Arch Words

Reflections on art, politics, parenting, and life in the Midwest

Name: Tess Home: St. Louis

I'm now a graduate student in public health at Washington University in St. Louis... as well as a writer, parent, and teacher. I haven't updated this blog recently, but I may come back to it in the future.


E-mail: tessthompson (at) hotmail (dot) com

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

A Quick Quiz

Time to test yourselves, readers.

1) Name as many of the five freedoms guaranteed by the First Amendment as you can.

2) Name as many of the members of the animated Simpson family as you can (nuclear family only).

According to a recent survey conducted by a museum, 22% of Americans can name all 5 Simpsons, while only one person in a thousand can name all five freedoms. According to the survey, "about 1 in 5 people thought the right to own a pet was protected."

How well did you do? I'll post the answers in the comments section.

6 Comments:

Blogger Tess said...

Simpsons: Marge, Homer, Maggie, Lisa, Bart (does anyone know if Marge and Maggie are both short for Margaret, or are those their given names?)

First amendment freedoms: press, speech, religion, assembly, petition for redress of grievances

1:59 PM  
Blogger Tess said...

Are you really an athiest, Mike? I didn't realize that. Of course, it's only a matter of time until your wife converts you....

4:51 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

My dh knew 4 freedoms and all the simpsons.

I'm clueless. lol

6:23 PM  
Blogger Tess said...

I got 3 freedoms and all Simpsons (plus bonus points for Snowball II and Santa's Little Helper).

6:59 PM  
Blogger Tess said...

Thanks for that interesting article, Mike!

7:28 AM  
Blogger Carrie Lofty said...

If we had a weekly show about the First Amendment running on Fox for the last 17 years... then maybe the numbers would be higher!

Then again, I don't trust Fox enough to present a show about any of the amendments!

6:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home