Post-Earth Day Survey
Here are some Earth-minded questions for you, my readers:
1) Did you do anything to observe Earth day?
2) Are you a committed recycler?
3) Do you consider the amount of disposable packaging when buying products?
4) Do you buy organic anything?
5) How important is gas mileage to you in choosing a car?
1) Did you do anything to observe Earth day?
2) Are you a committed recycler?
3) Do you consider the amount of disposable packaging when buying products?
4) Do you buy organic anything?
5) How important is gas mileage to you in choosing a car?
Name: Tess
Home: St. Louis
4 Comments:
I'll go first:
1) Did you do anything to observe Earth Day?
Nope.
2) Are you a committed recycler?
Half-hearted. But I'm married to a fairly committed recylcer, so I hope that counts.
3) Do you consider the amount of disposable packaging when buying products?
Not so much, but we usually buy larger sizes with less packaging because it's cheapter.
4) Do you buy organic anything?
Sometimes. Yogurt, and I think some of the pasta we get is. If we were rich, we'd get organic fruits and veggies.
5) How important is gas mileage to you in choosing a car?
Somewhat. We'd love a hybrid, but once again, price is an issue, as is availability; we've only ever gotten used cars. We don't have a minivan or an SUV, so our gas mileage is decent.
1) no
2) yes. (nyc makes it easy. recycling trucks come to our street on fridays and take all things paper, plastic and glass whether they've touched food or not)
3) no, but someday i'd like to
4) occasionally (sam's baby food was)... but i am more interested in local than organic, as most organic stuff is grown in CA so they spend so much fossil fuel getting it here, it's just as guilty as regular food. (however, there's a farm share that we just bought into, and from june 1st through november we'll be getting local and organic random produce. i'm hoping to find a recipe for spaghetti squash that isn't gross.)
5) very. but agin, we live in NYC where the only time you need a car is to leave (and hey, who wants to leave? ;)...when we can afford a prius, maybe we'll get a car. (or a hybrid minivan... ha)
1. nope. 2. yep. 3. yes. 4. when there's money. 5. very.
1.) We recyle everyday...does that count? Enjoyed one of the most beautiful days in recorded weather history here, too.
2.) We MUST recycle here north of Seattle and I love it. I go mildly ballistic when yogurt container or soda pop cans end up in the "regular" garbage...and then I remind the culprit that it goes in the RECYCLE. :)
3.) I do--but not enough. Some things we wouldn't finish--and waste would ensue--if we bought larger sizes.
4.) Not enough again...it's so expensive...though I know it's better.
5.) Very. I'd love a hybrid, too. I try to condense trips, but by nature of work and school I do drive a lot. Gas is over $3. a gallon here now, but I have little choice to get where I need to get. We are carpooling (5 of us) for clinicals to the hospital 30 minutes north, three days a week, this quarter.
Post a Comment
<< Home