Saturday Art
Mike was in the hospital on Friday for elective nose surgery. He's never been able to breathe fully through his nose and so he was going in to get it fixed. We both believed the procedure would be quick. Maybe we'd even go out for lunch afterwards. But it all took a long, long time. I read for hours and then got bored enough to draw:

This was the waiting room. It was all sectioned off into semi-private areas. It dawned on me that I was one of the lucky ones. My person wasn't sick. I was enjoying my hours of reading. As I looked around I could see that others weren't so fortunate.

This was the waiting room. It was all sectioned off into semi-private areas. It dawned on me that I was one of the lucky ones. My person wasn't sick. I was enjoying my hours of reading. As I looked around I could see that others weren't so fortunate.
Name: Tess
Home: St. Louis
2 Comments:
Been there, done that when our son had two surgeries for "correctable" birth defects. He's 21 now and wonderful.
I enjoy your Saturday offerings.
Hh
Speedy recovery, Mike!
I assume based on your "hours of reading" that Antje was elsewhere?
I find hospitals kind of creepy.... And everything always seems to move so slowly there. (Unless you're in the ER, probably.)
Post a Comment
<< Home