Arch Words

Reflections on art, politics, parenting, and life in the Midwest

Name: Tess Home: St. Louis

I'm now a graduate student in public health at Washington University in St. Louis... as well as a writer, parent, and teacher. I haven't updated this blog recently, but I may come back to it in the future.


E-mail: tessthompson (at) hotmail (dot) com

Monday, June 05, 2006

Flowers

I planted these flowers in pots on the deck last week. I forget what they're called, but they remind me of roses. I already managed to completely kill the first set of flowers in these pots (and it's not even summer yet!), so I thought I'd try a different kind.


I like this picture because you can also see the trees in our back yard, and the shade looks almost ominous.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe that plant is called a Moss Rose. It's a weed that has been cultivated for its blooms and complete indestructibility. Sounds like a good choice!

1:08 PM  
Blogger Tess said...

Thanks, Janan! I should never buy any but the most hardy plants.

12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home