Hanging Out
Ben has been having a blast playing with our houseguest Antje. They're both very verbal kids, and it's funny to hear them having conversations. Today our goal was to wear them out so they would nap soundly.

This morning they played in the pool for well over an hour.

After lunch at Steak and Shake, they fell asleep and napped for several hours.
Tonight after dinner we took them to Ted Drewes for frozen custard. The kids got custard all over themselves, but alas we had no camera to document it. Before we got into the car, we stripped them both down to their diapers, and as we drove home I kept looking back at the cheerful naked toddlers in their car seats.
It's been great having Kaela and Mike and Anjte here, but I'm sad realizing they'll have to leave again soon. It has made me realize what's been lacking in our lives in Missouri.... We've made lots of acquaintances, but we don't have any close friends.

This morning they played in the pool for well over an hour.

After lunch at Steak and Shake, they fell asleep and napped for several hours.
Tonight after dinner we took them to Ted Drewes for frozen custard. The kids got custard all over themselves, but alas we had no camera to document it. Before we got into the car, we stripped them both down to their diapers, and as we drove home I kept looking back at the cheerful naked toddlers in their car seats.
It's been great having Kaela and Mike and Anjte here, but I'm sad realizing they'll have to leave again soon. It has made me realize what's been lacking in our lives in Missouri.... We've made lots of acquaintances, but we don't have any close friends.
Name: Tess
Home: St. Louis
8 Comments:
I feel that same sort of "lots-of-acquaintances" thing...I have had few dear friends in life, and those all live far from me now.
Hh
Looks like a blast!!
I am so jealous of all the fun times you are having! Jeremy wants to know if he can come and play, too. :)
Jeremy is more than welcome to come play. How is he with long car rides?
Um, how long, exactly, would it be? :) (From State College, and then I'll add on the rest.)
It's 12 1/2 hours to State College from here. We're going to try to drive it this summer. So if you'd like to come to SC or meet somewhere between there and Tunkhannock, let me know!
Eeek, that would be 15 1/2 hours from my house!
When will you be in State College? :)
Sometime around the first two weeks in July. (Internet stalkers take note!) I'll email you when I have more info.
Post a Comment
<< Home