Demoted!
This just in.... Pluto is no longer a planet!
I find it unsettling that something I was taught about the solar system is no longer considered true. Not that I ever gave much thought to Pluto--but knowing we have 9 planets in the solar system is basic, elementary-school knowledge. The filmstrip I watched in 6th grade about the solar system is now obsolete. (Okay, it was technologically obsolete a long time ago, but now it's also scientifically obsolete.)
I have new sympathy for all the people who didn't want to believe Copernicus when he said the earth wasn't the center of the universe.
I find it unsettling that something I was taught about the solar system is no longer considered true. Not that I ever gave much thought to Pluto--but knowing we have 9 planets in the solar system is basic, elementary-school knowledge. The filmstrip I watched in 6th grade about the solar system is now obsolete. (Okay, it was technologically obsolete a long time ago, but now it's also scientifically obsolete.)
I have new sympathy for all the people who didn't want to believe Copernicus when he said the earth wasn't the center of the universe.
Name: Tess
Home: St. Louis
2 Comments:
NOOOOOOOOO!
(I mean it)
That's OK Tess. I remember only the Pacific, Atlantic, Arctic and Indian oceans from school, but apparently scientists have added the "Southern" ocean which surrounds Antarctica. Five oceans?? No one can live at that speed!
Post a Comment
<< Home