Arch Words

Reflections on art, politics, parenting, and life in the Midwest

Name: Tess Home: St. Louis

I'm now a graduate student in public health at Washington University in St. Louis... as well as a writer, parent, and teacher. I haven't updated this blog recently, but I may come back to it in the future.


E-mail: tessthompson (at) hotmail (dot) com

Friday, August 18, 2006

Fruits of Summer


One of the great joys of summer is eating raspberries, strawberries, and blueberries on my cereal in the mornings. Strawberry season is wonderful, and I always relish the first juicy berries of the year. Then, blueberries join them in the produce section of the grocery store. Finally, the raspberries come--most expensive, but worth it.

Ben has been enjoying his berries every morning too. He says them all in one breath: strawberries-and-blueberries-and-raspberries-too. It will be hard to explain to him when they go out of season; I hope fresh apples will assuage his disappointment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home