Arch Words

Reflections on art, politics, parenting, and life in the Midwest

Name: Tess Home: St. Louis

I'm now a graduate student in public health at Washington University in St. Louis... as well as a writer, parent, and teacher. I haven't updated this blog recently, but I may come back to it in the future.


E-mail: tessthompson (at) hotmail (dot) com

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Saturday Art

Here's another comic:

Frame1

Frame2

Frame3

Frame4

Frame5

Frame6

2 Comments:

Blogger Tess said...

Well, I just got a CD from another friend that has "Linger" by the Cranberries, and that song always makes think of you.

Faulkner wrote, "The past isn't dead. It isn't even past."

T.S. Eliot wrote more generally about the "historical sense," which "involves a perception, not only of the pastness of the past, but of its presence."

I wonder if artists are more prone to dwell in pastness? Like you, I have certain associations that I can't shake, no matter how many times I see a place.

Now that I'm older, suddenly I understand why all those adults went on about "when I was your age."

8:38 PM  
Blogger Kaela said...

Yeah, I'm stuck about it all. I'd like to just move along and not really remember anything. But it's not how I function. So I just end up being inappropriate.

12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home