Decorating the Tree
A few pictures from decorating the tree today.....
Self-portrait with a Santa hat (and over my shoulder you can see a portrait Kaela did of Tom):

Tom used the tripod to take some pictures without the flash:

Some of you may remember the "pooping bear" ornament from last year. I took it out of the box and held it out to Ben. "What's this?" I asked.
"A bear," he replied.
I pointed at the bear's backside. "What's this part of the bear?"
"That's the tail," he said, as if it were completely obvious.
As we decorated the tree, I would start to feel sentimental about ornaments from my childhood, or Ben's ornaments from the past two years--but those soft-focus memories were inevitably cut short by having to say, "Ben, no grabbing!" or "Gentle with that ornament!" Maybe once he's older I'll have the luxury of nostalgia....
Self-portrait with a Santa hat (and over my shoulder you can see a portrait Kaela did of Tom):

Tom used the tripod to take some pictures without the flash:

Some of you may remember the "pooping bear" ornament from last year. I took it out of the box and held it out to Ben. "What's this?" I asked.
"A bear," he replied.
I pointed at the bear's backside. "What's this part of the bear?"
"That's the tail," he said, as if it were completely obvious.
As we decorated the tree, I would start to feel sentimental about ornaments from my childhood, or Ben's ornaments from the past two years--but those soft-focus memories were inevitably cut short by having to say, "Ben, no grabbing!" or "Gentle with that ornament!" Maybe once he's older I'll have the luxury of nostalgia....
Name: Tess
Home: St. Louis
3 Comments:
Oh no! Pooping bear is gone the way of early childhood. That makes me sad, and I'm not his mama!
HAHAHAHA! I remember the pooping bear! Man, time flies, doesn't it? I'm just glad I'm not the only one who finishes with Thanksgiving and moves right into Christmas ;). Merry Christmas!
Those pix of Ben--especially on the couch with the lights--oh, so precious.
I must've missed the pooping bear ornament story--that's hysterical. It's so telling when you have something so specific to his development and he KNOWS it's a tale now. *sigh*
Hh
Post a Comment
<< Home