Crazy Day

Ben and I are halfway through our crazy day. Tom couldn't watch him while I mentored this morning, so I took him with me at 7:40 to "see the big kids." Ben ate breakfast in the classroom and was as patient as a 2-year-old can be while watching his mother mentor high school students for an hour. Then we dashed back home while Ben watched TV and I drank my coffee and did freewriting--and then we were off to tour the fire station with a mom group. After that, we went out for sushi for lunch. When Ben wakes up, we're heading out to the mall for his Christmas portraits. I was planning to exercise while he napped, but I've realized I need a break--and I'll take one as soon as I finish this blog post.

I'm including some fire station pictures. Ben was beyond enthusiastic at the fire station--he jumped, he shouted, he hugged several of the firemen. When the fire fighter wearing protective gear asked if anyone wanted to shake his hand, Ben was first in line--and then he proceeded to shake hands with a few of the other fire fighters. They said he'll be a politician someday. He didn't quite get the idea of "gripping and grinning" for a photo op, though. Somtimes I wonder how I ended up with such an extroverted child.
Name: Tess
Home: St. Louis
3 Comments:
If he turns out anything like his parents, I'd be happy to vote for Ben for any political office.
Speaking of politicians, Tess, you'll be happy to know I have a new blog post that explains why I'm leaning towards one of your favorite candidates for President in '08. (That is, assuming they don't lower the eligibility age so Ben can run...)
Maybe it's a boy/girl thing, because they would have been TERRIFIED of a fire station. They cover their ears when I flush a public toilet because it's "so scary loud." I have wuss children.
If you look at the 3rd picture, in the background there's a little girl in a pink shirt with her hands over her ears. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home