Arch Words

Reflections on art, politics, parenting, and life in the Midwest

Name: Tess Home: St. Louis

I'm now a graduate student in public health at Washington University in St. Louis... as well as a writer, parent, and teacher. I haven't updated this blog recently, but I may come back to it in the future.


E-mail: tessthompson (at) hotmail (dot) com

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Some Sweet News

People who dropped out of a study of aspirin because they couldn't refrain from eating chocolate provided investigators with further information about chocolate's health benefits. According to CNN.com, people who eat chocolate are doing more than enjoying a sweet treat--they may be lowering their risk of heart attack by reducing platelet clumping in their blood.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm grateful to learn this news, since my chocolate consumption has been extremely high during the last few years--I'm on a fellowship in Germany, where chocolate is unbelievably cheap and comes in lots of tempting varieties. If these results hold, maybe I will have to continue my new habits back in the good ol' USA!

4:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Apparently my platelets are never, ever going to clump. :)

2:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home