Arch Words

Reflections on art, politics, parenting, and life in the Midwest

Name: Tess Home: St. Louis

I'm now a graduate student in public health at Washington University in St. Louis... as well as a writer, parent, and teacher. I haven't updated this blog recently, but I may come back to it in the future.


E-mail: tessthompson (at) hotmail (dot) com

Monday, November 06, 2006

House of Sickness

Two weeks ago, Ben came down with hand, foot, and mouth disease, which I had never heard of. Then, thanks to his asthma, the sickness morphed into a persistent cough. Yesterday, he started showing signs of pink eye. Now he's on eye drops, which he hates. I tried to be a good mother and bribe him with Thanksgiving stickers and out-of-season berries instead of candy--only to realize candy would have been about 20 times cheaper. I've been meaning to write about stem cell research again, but at the moment my mind is muddy. I suppose I should be grateful that my pink-eyed boy is still more or less his cheerful, active self....

1 Comments:

Blogger Carrie Lofty said...

Ick. Sorry you're having a hard time right now. Sick toddlers are the worst, poor cranky things...

1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home