Arch Words

Reflections on art, politics, parenting, and life in the Midwest

Name: Tess Home: St. Louis

I'm now a graduate student in public health at Washington University in St. Louis... as well as a writer, parent, and teacher. I haven't updated this blog recently, but I may come back to it in the future.


E-mail: tessthompson (at) hotmail (dot) com

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

On a Mission

Ben over at Open Switch got me thinking: Do I have a mission statement? Can I succinctly articulate what I want to do with my life?

At the moment, I'm not sure I can. I have some vague ideas, but nothing I could put in a sentence or two. I'll have to try writing some stuff down and see what I come up with.

What about you, readers? Can you put what you want to do with your life into a single statement?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

nope.

i mean, i can't.

though i'd still like to know what happens next...

4:19 PM  
Blogger Tess said...

Anyone? Anyone?

(crickets chirping)

6:23 PM  
Blogger Precie said...

Just the phrase "mission statement" brings back a few rocky memories of a writing assignment I gave to a comp class...oh, gosh, 7 years ago. Ugh. The writings I received were very, um, idealistic and broad in scope.

I'll have to think on this a bit more. What else have I got to do right now? *Snort*

9:46 AM  
Blogger Milliner's Dream, a woman of many "hats"... said...

I wrote one as an assignment but it's been years...and my "mission" has certainly changed. Worth re-visiting.

Hh

5:13 PM  
Blogger Kristen Gill, Marketing Manager said...

I want to engage with the world verbally, intellectually and creatively.

6:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home