Arch Words

Reflections on art, politics, parenting, and life in the Midwest

Name: Tess Home: St. Louis

I'm now a graduate student in public health at Washington University in St. Louis... as well as a writer, parent, and teacher. I haven't updated this blog recently, but I may come back to it in the future.


E-mail: tessthompson (at) hotmail (dot) com

Thursday, December 21, 2006

More Good News

I found out that Rosebud Magazine has accepted a short story of mine, "Dancing with Liberace," for its April 2007 issue. I wrote the piece several years ago after visiting my grandparents and seeing my grandmother's dementia. This fall, after I started writing creatively again, I asked friends to critique it and then revised based on their suggestions.

The editor wrote that they will pay me $30 and three copies of the magazine. All in all, it's been quite a fiction fortnight for me--especially coming after an entire decade in which I published no fiction. In truth, I'm not sure how to react. I'm glad for the external validation, yes, but I'm trying to maintain my focus on writing as an end in itself. I also think it's funny that putting my stories aside for a few years and then revising seems to agree with them.

2 Comments:

Blogger Carrie Lofty said...

Congrats. Now you can springboard back into writing fulltime for 2007 with these successes behind you!

10:41 AM  
Blogger Shekky said...

Hey, gotta do what works. I'd love to read it. Congrats are in order!

11:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home