Arch Words

Reflections on art, politics, parenting, and life in the Midwest

Name: Tess Home: St. Louis

I'm now a graduate student in public health at Washington University in St. Louis... as well as a writer, parent, and teacher. I haven't updated this blog recently, but I may come back to it in the future.


E-mail: tessthompson (at) hotmail (dot) com

Thursday, January 04, 2007

Haiku IV

TV flickers.
Beyond the window, crows call
from high blue sky.

3 Comments:

Blogger Milliner's Dream, a woman of many "hats"... said...

Hmmmm...now I wonder why, but I have an observation.

One of our local radio talk show hosts--a guy I enjoy--often has silly haiku on topics such as local politics. He invites listeners to call with theirs, and they play this particular music...it's all pretty funny.

HOWEVER, I sometimes feel like it is a little...um...sacriligous. Or disrespectful to the art form.

What brought this to mind is that when I read "TV flickers" I groaned a little internally. Haiku and tv, (like the silliness on the aforementioned radio show) sort of seems out of place.

THEN, you went on to "beyond the window..." and I sighed internally... I LIKED that you brought it back to nature, I guess.

Am I weird, (okay, I am) or at least does this make sense?

Hh

11:38 PM  
Blogger Kaela said...

Tess,
I first read the title of your post as "Haiku I.V."... as in the thing that you stick into your arm.

I need some poetry, STAT.

5:49 AM  
Blogger Tess said...

Hannah--Thanks for your comment. As you can see, I turned my response into a post for today!

6:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home