Arch Words

Reflections on art, politics, parenting, and life in the Midwest

Name: Tess Home: St. Louis

I'm now a graduate student in public health at Washington University in St. Louis... as well as a writer, parent, and teacher. I haven't updated this blog recently, but I may come back to it in the future.


E-mail: tessthompson (at) hotmail (dot) com

Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year!

Best wishes for 2007!

Last night we had a Very Special New Year's Celebration. The day before, Kaela, Mike, Tom, and I tried to figure out when we had started our tradition of hanging out together on New Year's Eve. When we added up the various years, I suddenly felt old: it was our tenth anniversary! (Tom joined us the second year, so it was only his ninth.) Some parts of our celebration have remained more or less constant (the focus on food, for example), but other parts we couldn't have anticipated 10 years ago.


Today I'm trying to decide whether to participate in the artclash collective's Fun-a-Day project. Kaela will be doing a comic a day, and Mike will be doing a number a day (film photographs of numbers). I'm toying with the idea of a haiku a day, but I don't know if that would be fun or oppressive. Just in case, I wrote the first one:


Rain drips from branches
Puddles reflect gray clouds: new
Philadelphia year.

1 Comments:

Blogger Milliner's Dream, a woman of many "hats"... said...

That pic of the kids is so precious. I saw it the other day, and now back again, I had to scroll down to see it.

It just MAKES ME SMILE!!!

Hh

11:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home