Arch Words

Reflections on art, politics, parenting, and life in the Midwest

Name: Tess Home: St. Louis

I'm now a graduate student in public health at Washington University in St. Louis... as well as a writer, parent, and teacher. I haven't updated this blog recently, but I may come back to it in the future.


E-mail: tessthompson (at) hotmail (dot) com

Monday, December 25, 2006

Christmas Pictures

We are having a very festive Christmas over here at Arch Words.

Ben dressed up for church last night:


He was amazingly wriggly during the service. He actually gave me a warning and counted to three when I wouldn't hand over my bulletin. (He was disappointed to find out that counting doesn't work on parents.) He was very concerned that the stained glass was "off" at night; he kept asking about Jesus and the angel who were no longer visible. He was also dismayed that we didn't say the "Jesus, walk with us" prayer we had done during advent.

He was excited to open a gift after dinner, and he insisted on taking his new wallet from Grandma to bed with him. It took him more than two hours to fall asleep. When I went into tell him to settle down, he said, "It's Christmas! I get to open my big presents from Santa! I got a wallet and Daddy got a CD and Mama got earrings!"

The Christmas tree after Santa had stopped by (thanks to Tom and his patience with a tripod):


And my favorite picture from Christmas morning. Can you tell Ben was excited?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home