Winter Haiku
Only 8 more to go. I'm getting a little tired of writing them, but I'll keep slogging on through to the end of the month.
1/18/07 (for 1/17/07)
I forgot to write,
so I try to recreate
yesterday. It’s blank.
1/18/07
Cold seeps through walls, doors—
chills tea, saturates flannel,
slides around slippers.
1/19/07
Two rivers—cold, brown,
broad—slide together under
gray sky: Confluence.
1/20/07
Brassy sunrise
burnishes the sky, glows
over frozen ground.
1/21/07
Last night’s snow blankets
roofs and grass—already
soft, starting to melt.
1/22/07
From ground to tree, hawk
swoops. I look up, see talons.
curved beak, dark eye.
1/23/07
Sunlight shifts: a new
morning slant through trees. Full light,
blue sky promise spring.
1/18/07 (for 1/17/07)
I forgot to write,
so I try to recreate
yesterday. It’s blank.
1/18/07
Cold seeps through walls, doors—
chills tea, saturates flannel,
slides around slippers.
1/19/07
Two rivers—cold, brown,
broad—slide together under
gray sky: Confluence.
1/20/07
Brassy sunrise
burnishes the sky, glows
over frozen ground.
1/21/07
Last night’s snow blankets
roofs and grass—already
soft, starting to melt.
1/22/07
From ground to tree, hawk
swoops. I look up, see talons.
curved beak, dark eye.
1/23/07
Sunlight shifts: a new
morning slant through trees. Full light,
blue sky promise spring.
Name: Tess
Home: St. Louis
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home