Arch Words

Reflections on art, politics, parenting, and life in the Midwest

Name: Tess Home: St. Louis

I'm now a graduate student in public health at Washington University in St. Louis... as well as a writer, parent, and teacher. I haven't updated this blog recently, but I may come back to it in the future.


E-mail: tessthompson (at) hotmail (dot) com

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

More than Halfway


I'm more than halfway through my haiku a day for the month of January. I'd love to be able to organize a Fun a Day project for St. Louis. Kaela and Mike have promised to take pictures of my haiku exhibited with the rest of the projects in Philadelphia, but it won't be quite the same not being there.

The latest haiku give a good picture of the weather we've been having lately.

1/12/07

Rain turns to ice, clings
to branches, wires—coats the world
in winter hardness.

1/13/07

Outlined in ice, pine’s
branches sag, wait patiently
for summer’s warmth.

1/14/07

In the night, cold rain
drips off trees and bushes, soaks
the yard. I shiver.

1/15/07

Darkness. Droplets
of rain quiver on dead grass.
I wait for damp day.

1/16/07

On pavement, footsteps
tap. Snowflakes fall through darkness--
I seek warmth of home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home