Arch Words

Reflections on art, politics, parenting, and life in the Midwest

Name: Tess Home: St. Louis

I'm now a graduate student in public health at Washington University in St. Louis... as well as a writer, parent, and teacher. I haven't updated this blog recently, but I may come back to it in the future.


E-mail: tessthompson (at) hotmail (dot) com

Saturday, August 20, 2005

Saturday Art

Night Beach, by Kaela Parkhouse


Today we start a new weekly feature of my blog: an origial piece of art by my friend Kaela, a Philadelphia-based artist and illustrator.

Kaela and I have been friends ever since we roomed together at Penn State. Over the years we’ve celebrated New Year’s together, giggled our way through belly dancing, picked seasonal produce, shared ideas about child-rearing, and collaborated on a children’s book. Kaela lives in Philadelphia with her 21-month-old daughter Antje, her husband Mike, and two cats.

I’m thrilled to welcome Kaela as a contributor, and I’m happy to know that my move to St. Louis hasn’t ended our collaboration. Look for her work here every Saturday.

4 Comments:

Blogger Tess said...

I love this picture, Kaela! Thanks for doing it. I can't wait to see what you do next week. :)

Tess

5:05 AM  
Blogger Natalie said...

I love the picture too!! beautiful!!

10:07 AM  
Blogger aangelgoddess said...

That picture is absolutely wonderful...so mysterious and peaceful at the same time.

6:25 PM  
Blogger Kristen Gill, Marketing Manager said...

Tess...tell me more about this children's book!

7:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home