Saturday Art
More dogs this week.



I'm trying to develop a few dog characters that I can draw repeatedly in different scenes. I don't have it yet. Right now I've just drawn exactly what I see in photographs. The next step is drawing each character from all angles. This I have to make up out of my head. Which I hate. That leap from what I see before me to imagining what it would look like in different positions is such a strain. It feels very unpleasant because it doesn't always work. But I need to know how the animals will look laying down or running so I'm free to create any scene I want without getting bogged down in the eternal question: how do I draw that?
Eventually I'll use the sleeping dogs in a scene about nap time. All the animals will be sleeping except for one dog - most likely a chiuaua. I don't know the whole story yet. Will they be in a kennel? Will they be in a pound? There are a lot of things to work out.



I'm trying to develop a few dog characters that I can draw repeatedly in different scenes. I don't have it yet. Right now I've just drawn exactly what I see in photographs. The next step is drawing each character from all angles. This I have to make up out of my head. Which I hate. That leap from what I see before me to imagining what it would look like in different positions is such a strain. It feels very unpleasant because it doesn't always work. But I need to know how the animals will look laying down or running so I'm free to create any scene I want without getting bogged down in the eternal question: how do I draw that?
Eventually I'll use the sleeping dogs in a scene about nap time. All the animals will be sleeping except for one dog - most likely a chiuaua. I don't know the whole story yet. Will they be in a kennel? Will they be in a pound? There are a lot of things to work out.
Name: Tess
Home: St. Louis
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home