Escaping Adulthood
Thanks to an email from Jaimie, I discovered the comic strip Kim and Jason, drawn by fellow midwesterner Jason W. Kotecki. Last night, my husband were entertained by the web site, which includes a video welcome from Jason and his wife Kim, their 40-point plan for escaping adulthood, and a "Show 'N Tell" forum where readers can share their own thoughts about childhood.
Jason writes,
Jason writes,
As kids, we definitely did a lot of stupid things. But I also believe we had a much better grasp on how to live and look at life than we do now. Grownupdom has a way of choking out the fun, playfulness and curiosity that make life truly worth living. Kids are amazed at pretty much everything and don't spend too much time worrying about the future or what other people think of them–especially when there's a puddle to jump in. I guess that's what it all boils down to; grown-ups walk around the puddle and kids jump right into it. I really want to help people reconnect with what they once knew as children – that life is a gift from a loving God, and there's just too many fun things to enjoy and explore to waste time dwelling on the trivialities of grownupdom.While I don't romanticize childhood (as the parent of a toddler, I know kids can find life incredibly upsetting and frustrating), browsing the web site made me relax. It fit perfectly with my recent attempts to work more creatively, and it was a nice counterpoint to my recent political activity. I'm curious, though, to see how Jason and Kim's views on adulthood change once they have children.....
Name: Tess
Home: St. Louis
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home