Arch Words

Reflections on art, politics, parenting, and life in the Midwest

Name: Tess Home: St. Louis

I'm now a graduate student in public health at Washington University in St. Louis... as well as a writer, parent, and teacher. I haven't updated this blog recently, but I may come back to it in the future.


E-mail: tessthompson (at) hotmail (dot) com

Sunday, March 05, 2006

In Which I Finally See Brokeback Mountain

In honor of the Oscars tonight, I saw a matinee of Brokeback Mountain. I wish I had seen it months ago; going in, I knew too much about it (and had seen too many parodies) for it to be completely fresh. A Prairie Home Companion was even doing a skit about two cowboys as I drove to the theatre. I'm not sure the movie will win Best Picture, but I liked it much better than last year's winner, Million Dollar Baby.

And in case anyone has missed them, here are two parodies of the trailer: Brokeback to the Future and Brokeback Top Gun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home