St. Patrick's Day Poll
A few questions for my readers to find out how you're celebrating this holiday:
1.) Are you wearing green?
2.) Are you any fraction Irish?
3.) Do you plan to eat corned beef and cabbage today?
4.) Have you ever had green beer?
5.) Are you going to or have you been to a St. Patrick's Day parade or party this year?
1.) Are you wearing green?
2.) Are you any fraction Irish?
3.) Do you plan to eat corned beef and cabbage today?
4.) Have you ever had green beer?
5.) Are you going to or have you been to a St. Patrick's Day parade or party this year?
Name: Tess
Home: St. Louis
13 Comments:
I'll start:
1) Yes, I'm wearing my one green shirt. Ben is wearing a green shirt i bought him specially for today.
2) Not sure. Probably? All I know about is English, Scottish, and French.
3) No.
4) No.
5) We went to a St. Patrick's Day party/playgroup this morning. Ben's mouth is still green.
1.) no... i have on red socks with a few green dots on them, but they are hidden by my jeans so they don't count.
2.) a bit of ye ole irish back in the ancestry.
3.) blech! no.
4.) yes
5.) Not going this year, but usually go.
1. Yes, my shirt is green.
2. I think I am a mutt of Irish, Scotish and German.
3. No.
4. No, but I have served it. I don't drink beer of any color, flavor, bottle, draft, or can. YUCK.
5. We have one here, but I haven't gone and my mom says it is as long as a day. We have soccer games tomorrow instead.
1.) Yes
2.)Don't know
3.)Thinking about it
4.)yes
5.)We are getting together with some friends.
1.) Yes, I'm wearing a green sweatshirt! And Matthew is wearing a green shirt too!
2.) Nope, not at all Irish.
3.) No.
4.) I don't remember. LOL!
5.) Well, daycare had a St. Patty's Day breakfast for parents (complete with green bagels), but that's all. No big parties or parades for us.
.) Are you wearing green? yes
2.) Are you any fraction Irish? nope - scottish
3.) Do you plan to eat corned beef and cabbage today? nope
4.) Have you ever had green beer? nope
5.) Are you going to or have you been to a St. Patrick's Day parade or party this year? nope, going to Sam's
1.) Nope, and neither is MJ
2.) Yes
3.) no way!
4.) nope
5.) The Mom's group I'm in had a little party with lots of green food for our kids. No alcohol was consumed. Does that count?
1) Yes, I'm wearing a green shirt. And socks with shamrocks. (They were a gift, dammit!) And Miss G is wearing green flowered-y shorts. And her purple marabou trimmed dress-up shoes with a little green bow on them. ;)
2) Yup yup. A full 1/4. :D
3) Not if I have to cook it, I'm not! :P
4) I don't drink beer of any color. Ugh.
5) Packing and sorting win over a St.Paddy's day parade. :(
1.) Are you wearing green?Yes, a green shirt.
2.) Are you any fraction Irish? A teeny tiny bit.
3.) Do you plan to eat corned beef and cabbage today? Not if I can help it. ICK!
4.) Have you ever had green beer? Nope. And I'm from Chicago, now that's just odd.
5.) Are you going to or have you been to a St. Patrick's Day parade or party this year? No, but that's not a bad idea!
1.) Are you wearing green?
nope. almost did without realizing why. then couldn't find the right sweater.
2.) Are you any fraction Irish?
not to any measurable degree.
3.) Do you plan to eat corned beef and cabbage today?
i'd eat the cabbage, but i don't eat meat. . .
4.) Have you ever had green beer?
no. come to think of it, i'm not sure i've ever actually had beer. i've tried ale, but maybe not beer beer.
5.) Are you going to or have you been to a St. Patrick's Day parade or party this year?
no and no.
gawd i'm a stick in the mud. :)
1) Nope
2) Like almost everyone, I've got some in there somewhere with Dutch and German. I wonder what it would be like to be my husband, whose mother has traced some 16 generation of English ancestry? I cannot imagine being anything other than American mutt.
3) No
4) Again, no
5) Nope. What a dull set of responses!
1.) No--I helped hubby find a greeen jacket to wear, but forgot myself.
2.) Nope. (English and Ukainian.)
3.) I love it, but didn't make it--we went out for our date night...it was Friday to us, not March 17.
4.) Nope.
5.) Nope.
Hh
P.S. The joke when I was a kid was that the Catholic kids wore green and the Prostestant kids wore orange at our school. I think that was only fitting for the early 70's and the psychedelic mindset, don't you agree? ;)
my dad would authoritatively point out to us, every year, that since we were protestant, we should wear orange.
not that anyone at school shared this opinion. . .
Post a Comment
<< Home